Friday, March 23, 2012

Because Curling Has Merit

Have you ever contemplated the sport of curling? Read anything on it? Been interested in being a professional curler?

I have not. (This is a lie.)

BUT I was interested in finding out more about it. So, as I sat at the kitchen table this evening with my roommate, we discussed curling. Wikipedia, lord of all useless information, informed me of the history behind curling (while it was made an Olympic sport in 1998, it's actually been around since the 1500s), how many registered curlers there are in the world (1.5 MILLION), and how I can go about starting my own curling club (Step One: CROSS THE BORDER TO CANADA.) Curling is fascinating to me, all of a sudden! I wish to own my very own curling team; manage a curling squad into greatness; use semi-colons improperly; and BE ALL AROUND AWESOME. (Should not have had ice cream and Sprite right before bed...)

So, after you've crossed the border into Canada to start your own curling club, you must then come BACK into the United States with the Canadians intact. I suppose, if you really wanted, you could melt the ice in front of them with fancy brooms that way they get across the border faster. If you really wanted. Once the Canadians are yours for the keeping, you're free to make maple syrup, attend hockey games, and comment on the growing moose population in the company of equals. And create a curling club! You may want a curling stone/rock/large puck, some brooms, and some slip-resistant shoes (Disney has plenty on hand, believe you me) and ice. Lots and lots of ice. Voila! You are now ready to begin curling. Although if you prefer straightening, I'm sure you could make it happen.

And there you have it, folks. All about curling in just a few short sentences without really providing any information at all! How did I happen to become so fascinated about curling this evening?

Ice cream. (Mint ice cream: it had been far too long.)

No comments:

Post a Comment