Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Because What You Want is What I Need

What a shame, not to cry. I'll defend you til the day I die.

Do you ever have those nights where you want nothing more than to go driving? Driving forever until the road stops going (or until you run out of gas.) Keep driving until everything holding you back from living freely disappears, out of sight, out of mind, out of reach. If only you could go a little further, venture deep into the night, everything would be perfect. It wouldn't matter that you're alone, it wouldn't matter than you have no one to hold. All could be, and would be, right in the world. For those hours while driving.

Why must we live in a society that frowns upon exploring places late at night without a permit? I've never done such but every so often when driving home from my friends' house, or driving home from work, I'm struck with such an intense desire to drive to the beach. A remote section of the beach where it would be just me, the waves, and the stars. Why can I not do this on a regular basis? What is so wrong about that?

Tonight I watched a movie with a great friend. P.S. I Love You. It was a pretty decent movie, although I felt it was lacking in some character development. Regardless, it had the ability to make me feel completely alone in the world. Even though I was watching it with my friend, sitting next to her on the couch, occasionally holding one of the cats: not alone at all. When I returned to my apartment, I still felt alone. Perhaps I just need to drive to the coast and enjoy the beach. Relax in the soothing sound of the waves. Allow for the world to embrace me with open arms.

An escape from absolutely no real problems: how can it be an escape?

No comments:

Post a Comment