Saturday, March 3, 2012

Because Friday's Are Haunted

What better a time to write than a Friday? Friday's lead to bad events, especially at Cap'n Jack's. Two weeks ago today was the death of the man, last week was the vomiting Buzz Lightyear child, and this week was relatively calmer, although definitely points to a much longer-term issue at hand. Today, we had the glory of dealing with a verbally abusive husband, both towards his wife and his daughter. At what point in your life do you say "No, thank you. That's quite enough. I'll take my daughter, who will hopefully denounce belonging to you and sharing flesh with you in the future. We'll go somewhere lovely where people actually appreciate us and all we bring to the world. We do not need anymore of your negativity, and we can stand on our own. F*#! off, please." I would hope that moment would come as soon as the words were uttered from his disgraceful mouth, but some are put into less than desirable positions.

If ever I find myself in such a position, I would hope that: a) I have enough sense to recognize the point at which it starts and get the heck out of there, and b) If I do fail to follow through with point a, I do not drag my (potential) children into the mess with me. As my roommate kindly pointed out this evening, if you're willing to put up with the man, that's your own issue. But if you're dragging your children into such a situation, you're putting them through it just as much, and they have no choice but to put up with it. Children should not be raised in such a hostile environment, regardless of whether the man (or woman) is purely verbally (not physically) abusive. Get. Out. Of. That. Relationship. Help yourself and those around you.

On a separate note: life is going splendidly. I'm now more satisfied being single than I ever have been, although I am still accepting applications, if anyone were so inclined. I have been exposed to so many negative relationships lately that I am THRILLED to not have to be going through similar situations.

Same requirements as before, just please have a promising future. Por favor. And by promising future, I mean some cash flow that won't require a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle is probably going to be necessary. Money can buy love. I promise you.

Wait. Am I growing up? Did I really say money can buy love? Love can exist without money, absolutely. But as long as the person is kind, I'm pretty sure I could put up with living without love so much easier than life without comforts.

Back to haunting: phantom throw-up-er on building 37 steps? Your vom needs cleaning. Esta. Noche. Please? Thank you. It looks like the innards of a really tomato-y burrito. Somebody has already stepped in it, and they deserve an apology. Man up.

No comments:

Post a Comment