Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Melons

This one time in life, I found myself thinking "Is this really all there is? Could I be doing more in my life?"

That time in life is every day. But do I do anything about it? No, of course not. I always promise myself that I am going to be more active and make each day more exciting than the last, but that doesn't always happen. Take for example, yesterday. Had yesterday been my last day of life, I would have been thoroughly upset with myself and I would not feel complete with life. Each life is so precious and every day is an opportunity to be an awesome person, you just have to motivate yourself to be that person. Which is what I lack: motivation.

I'm an awesome person already (so I'd like to think) but I just need the motivation to be an ever more awesome person. Whether that means volunteering in my community, trying harder to do school work, or just being nicer to everyone I interact with, I'm going to try. But, let's be honest, that last one will never happen. I'm just too mean.

Therefore, I suggest that I make my life, and the lives of others around me, more interesting by being crazy. Not crazy in the sense of murdering a thousand women and children, or crazy in the sense of being a pyromaniac (although that would be SO MUCH FUN.) I mean crazy in the sense of unpredictable and fun. I was talking to my beach friend today and we were discussing something that is currently going on in her life (I PROMISE to blog about it soon) and I came to the realization that the simple things in life make me happiest.

The best date that I could possibly go on right now would be to explore a grocery store or mall or somewhere in which items can be purchased. Walk around the store(s) together as a couple, and point out various items loudly. "OH MY GOD, JOE, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN MELONS THIS ROUND? SERIOUSLY, THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! I HAVE GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THESE!" With various accents. Take turns talking in a British accent, Southern accent, Indian accent, Sarah Palin accent, Boston accent, surfer dude accent, etc. The options are practically limitless. Dress up for the occasion. Whether that means fancy clothes (suit/dress) or possibly even a clown costume, do whatever feels right. Sometimes you may want to put on wizarding robes and go around the store casting spells. "Accio....Tampons!" (as your date throws the tampons at you.) Be crazy. Have fun. Make yourself exciting. This is my challenge to me. A personal challenge. If I fail to become a more exciting person, then I have failed everyone.

Who knows, maybe if your date isn't willing to go along with it, someone else in the store is. BAM. Automatic new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment