Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Odd Findings

Whilst craving pizza for the umpteenth time in my life, I found myself settling for cereal instead. Cereal does not involve a microwave, it does not involve trekking out into the freezing cold garage and grabbing the little pizza box. Cereal instantly fills a craving, not entirely, but helps to a certain extent. In reaching for the cereal box, located on top of the fridge, my hand grazed a different, smaller box. It read:

Moist and Meaty


I'm not sure whether I should be put off by this or extremely excited. I personally love meat (go steak!) and dry meat is generally frowned upon (unless it's jerky, but I won't eat that regardless. Long story.) Therefore, I would like my meat to be "moist and meaty," but was it necessary to advertise it as such? At the same time, if it's sitting on TOP of my fridge, it's probably not actually meat, but rather some imitation meat (which should be refrigerated regardless.) So what is this mystery food item which boasts its high levels of water containment and general meat-like qualities? And what is it doing on my fridge?

I have no idea. And I'm not about to go check.

On a positive note in life! I made it my goal to go on at least one date in October. I'm tired of sitting around (totally goes against a lot of stuff I've written thus far, yet makes other things I've written previously even stronger: double-edged sword.) I'm meeting with a fine young fellow who comes from a well-to-do British royal bloodline, owns 4 cars, has 32 horses, commonly enjoys hunting, croquet, chess, and other fancy British things, and we shall discuss the world's current economic state over a splendidly rich cup of tea. Pinkies up! Never would I ever meet with a man whose name I've previously mentioned as being boring (true story) for a cheap cup of coffee. How dare you suggest I stoop that low! But I am thrilled. Hopefully it goes well! If not, I've always got my cat (which Facebook reminds me of all too much: "Cat-Share: Interactive hub where cat-lovers connect + share.")

No comments:

Post a Comment