Sunday, November 11, 2012

A list of stuff I miss

1. Amish Friendship Bread. Why did we stop making this at my house? Why can we not make it soon? I request its presence at the family Christmas next month. If that means I have to make it...so be it. Come one, come all! Come Amish Friendship Bread!

2. Roller Coaster Tycoon. I wish I had the original for Macs. Like, seriously. Video games do not get any better than this. I promise you. Favorite past time in the game? Drowning people. "This ride looks too boring for me...I want to go home." "YOU WANT TO DROWN." Or burying them alive. That was also quite fun. Dig a really deep hole, make it so you could see through everything in the game, then watch as they fall deeper and deeper, eventually disappearing off the grid. No points against you for the person mysteriously disappearing (drowning hurt your park rating, as I recall.) "Guest 2013? I have no records of Guest 2013...you must be confused." Hours put into that game. Bring. It. Back.

3. Not having to buy gas. Let's be honest. I get pretty good gas mileage. My gas consumption compared to yours is probably pretty minimal. But still, ouch. If I didn't have to purchase gas, I would be able to purchase all of the ingredients for Amish Friendship Bread...all of the time. I wouldn't be able to get to the store to purchase said ingredients, but I sure as hell could afford them.

4. Being motivated to do homework. To do list: essay for health comm., essay for comm criticism, case study for organizational comm, study for an ASL test, solve all of the world's problems, etc. Looks like a good time to clean/organize my room!

5. Saturday morning cartoons. Actually, I don't miss this. But probably everyone else in my generation does, so I figured it belongs on here. Maybe? Don't hassle me, I'm local.

6. Recess. The show, the actual event at school. Having not been a very active child (or adult) recess meant a time to gossip on the jungle gym. It also meant feelings being smashed to smithereens if you lost at chicken on the parallel bars. Such is life.

7. Pokemon. I collected the cards. I knew the names of the various Pokemon. Did I play the game? Uhhhhh no. Did I watch the show? Negatory. I think I only collected the cards because everyone else was, plus I thought they were pretty. My first pack of cards, I got a holographic Charizard. Fuck yeah. Boss at the ripe age of 8. Dollar Tree purchase well spent.

8. Crooked teeth. Not that I really miss crooked teeth. But back then, I had crooked teeth because that was how they grew. Now, if I have crooked teeth, it's because I haven't been wearing my retainer properly (as I put in my retainer...) I'm constantly fearing that I'm not wearing my retainer enough and that my teeth are going to revert back to their abandoned tombstone state. Eek.

9. Writing horoscopes for the newspaper. Okay, so this wasn't that long ago. 4 years. But I still really miss telling everyone at school what horrible disease they were going to die of by the middle of the month. I am the new Trelawny. Deal with it.

10. Not feeling the need to go to ten items on a list. It would look sad otherwise.

I know there's more stuff, but "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" is just distracting me like mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment