Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Honeycrisp Apples

Mmm. Yum. Today's goal at the grocery store (beyond buying artichokes, salmon, and other delicious items) was to try a zillion different types of apples.

I failed.

I only bought four.

Regahdless, yum. Mmm mmm mmm! I got one fuji apple, 1 jonagold apple, 2 gala apples, and 1 honeycrisp. I was planning to save the honeycrisp for last because people are constantly buying them at Walmart (we regularly sell out) so I know they have to be at least somewhat decent. But then, the worst happened.

The apple fell on the floor.

And the only way to solve this issue was to eat it. Right away.

So I did.

It was like the Fourth of July in my mouth. My tastebuds were rejoicing. My teeth were greeted with the most pleasant crunch, unlike so many other apples I have tried before.

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to bring you this breaking headline: RED DELICIOUS APPLES ARE ANYTHING BUT DELICIOUS. Thank you for your time. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

With the success of the honeycrisp apple, I am apprehensive to try anything else. But I must go forth in my mission! The world of similarly-colored, yet obviously different in taste, apples awaits!

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. But 4 different types of apple eaten by one person? #neverpayingmedicalbillsagain

No comments:

Post a Comment