Friday, November 16, 2012

I want to be Audrey Hepburn

What a classy lady.

I could hold baby deer, have gorgeous eyes, massive eyebrows that nobody could speak poorly of, and my nostrils would be large (I would be excessively conscious of this fact, but would keep my nose as is.) I would have perfect skin, a slender body, and oh so much class. I could carry around cats named Cat, wear them as a scarf, place random items in the refrigerator, shoot men in my fantasies, wear absolutely ballin' dresses only to be mistaken for Hungarian royalty, and look absolutely perfect in any and every occasion. I could be Holly Golightly. I could be Eliza Doolittle. 

Commercial break. Googled the names to make sure I was spelling them properly. Singer/songwriter Holly Golightly? Crazy pop artist Eliza Doolittle? What is this. Audrey Hepburn cannot be disgraced in such a manner. Audrey was a saint. Audrey had short hair. Audrey was perfection. You cannot possibly take her stage names and use them as your musical identities. I will not hear of it. Nor read of it. 

Listening to the soundtrack for "Breakfast at Tiffany's." "Moon River" should be my theme song. Not for the lyrics. But just for the melody. It's so melancholic yet uplifting. There's so much doom and hope coexisting and dancing together in the one song. I was singing the song at Walmart tonight and couldn't help but wish to move to New York. To find a random writer and enter his apartment only through his window. To be like Holly Golightly and not care a bit about the world around me. 

This gets me to thinking, what is the movie really about? I don't know how many times I've watched it. I love it. It's perfect for sick days, days when it's raining, days when you want to hold your cat close and promise to never let it out in the rain especially when one or both of you are feeling sick. If I could marry a movie, it would be "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Sure, there's more potential for hunk material in "Magic Mike" but I'd be missing out on Audrey Hepburn. This woman. 

I wish she were still alive. My pineapple wish would be to meet her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment